Video Editor – Motion Designer
About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted agency comprised of advertising and design experts, experienced journalists, media relations pros, digital specialists, strategists, technologists, filmmakers and lobbyists. Together, we combine the boundless problem-solving skills of creativity with the pointed purpose of advocacy, we call it Creative Advocacy.
We are looking for a full-time hybrid Video Editor/Motion Designer to join the production team.
You should be comfortable working both supervised and unsupervised on projects ranging from quick-cutting, graphics-driven, high-concept pieces to short-form documentary-style videos. You will report to the Executive Producer.
- Video Editing
- Motion Graphics Design & Animation
- Participate in production meetings and brainstorm creative approaches for clients
- Provide post-production support including archiving footage, creating deliverables & versioning
- Four-plus years of full-time, professional experience, with the bulk of that work being in video editing and motion graphics
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Knowledge of post-production finishing process – experience in color correction and/or audio mixing a plus
- A passion for video and motion graphic design and a strong visual sensibility
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced setting
- Collaborative creative with a team player mindset
* Please note: Applicants must include a reel to be considered for the opportunity
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.