About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm; collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team comprises of experienced strategists, writers, media relations pros, designers, advertising experts, filmmakers and lobbyists. We call what we do Creative Advocacy. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We are looking for a full-time Video Editor to join the production team. You should be comfortable working both supervised and unsupervised on projects ranging from quick-cutting, graphics-driven, high-concept pieces to short-form documentary-style videos. You will report to the Senior Director, Video.
- Video Editing, including selecting shots and editing to music
- Graphics Design/Development
- Participate in production meetings and brainstorm creative approaches for clients
- Provide post-production support including archiving footage and deliverables
- Four-plus years of full-time, professional experience, with the bulk of that work being in video editing
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Knowledge of HD cameras, transcoding codecs, shooting and lighting
- A passion for motion graphic design and a strong visual sensibility
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced setting.
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] and specify the job title (Video Editor) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.