About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm; collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team comprises of experienced strategists, writers, media relations pros, designers, advertising experts, filmmakers, and lobbyists. We call what we do Creative Advocacy. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion, and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to support various accounting functions. You will primarily support the Controller with analyzing financial data, accounts payable and receivables.
- Support in the preparation of monthly expense reports
- Assist with monitoring revenue and expense activities
- Help with research, data entry, record and maintain accurate and complete financial records
- Assist in reconciling general ledger accounts
- Analyze financial data and pull payroll reports as needed
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned (i.e., Fixed assets, prepaids, tax payments, etc.)
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience
- Understanding of GAAP and financial principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced setting
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume by e-mail to Gustavo Iriarte, Controller at [email protected] and specify the job title (Staff Accountant) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.