Director/Senior Director, Client Services
About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm; collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team comprises of experienced strategists, writers, media relations pros, designers, advertising experts, filmmakers and lobbyists. We call what we do Creative Advocacy. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We are looking for a Director/Senior Director to serve as a senior member of the Client Leadership team. In this role, you will lead multiple client accounts, managing all aspects of the client relationship, programing, strategy, deliverables, and results. You can anticipate having a diverse mix of corporate, federal and/or non-profit accounts. You will be responsible for maintaining and growing our excellent client relationships. This role directly reports to the SVP, Client Leadership.
- Serving as the day-to-day client leader, fostering trusted consultative relationships with senior client executives and their teams.
- Creating strategic, innovative programs that address client goals including identifying opportunities and obstacles, creating insights and ideas and executing programs with great quantifiable success.
- Developing opportunities to collaborate with colleagues across departments on client campaign strategies, introducing cross-functional capabilities whenever appropriate
- Overseeing internal client teams, including managing the people and programs associated with the account
- Building strong internal relationships across agency teams to produce outstanding cross-functional cutting-edge work
- Promoting a culture of trust, equity, collaboration and opportunity within your team, the department and firm-wide
- Being a “subject matter expert” in both the communications field and the client’s business/industry, and leading the agency team in understanding and applying this information to strengthen the client work
- Working with the SVP and firm leadership to manage client accounting, budgeting and forecasting to ensure the account and department meets financial targets and growth objectives
- Recruiting, developing, mentoring and managing mid/junior team members, in partnership with SVP Client Leadership
- 8+ years experience in account management/marketing/ communications within a communications/PR agency or within the communications team of a company
- At least 3 years in a client management/leadership role within the agency
- Driven to produce top quality programs that allow clients to exceed their goals
- Strategic mindset and the ability to think holistically in designing and executing campaigns
- Able to lead development of an integrated campaign, understanding when and how to bring different solutions together
- Innovative, cutting-edge approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills with an eye for detail and nuance
- Able to thrive working and leading in a matrixed, fast-paced, dynamic setting
- Able to manage multiple programs simultaneously, prioritizing and multitasking as needs shift and evolve
- Able to work well with others in a team and cross-team environment as well as independently
- Strong knowledge of various communications platforms including social media, traditional print, digital and interactive user experience (and how they can be combined and leveraged for marketing and communications strategies)
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] and specify the job title (Director/Senior Director) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.