Senior Content Strategist
About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted agency comprised of advertising and design experts, experienced journalists, media relations pros, digital specialists, strategists, technologists, filmmakers and lobbyists. Together, we combine the boundless problem-solving skills of creativity with the pointed purpose of advocacy, we call it creative advocacy.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Content Strategist to develop thoughtful strategy and compelling content for a diverse range of clients. The ideal candidate will come to us with a strategic mind and an insatiable curiosity to learn about new subjects. This role requires a reporter’s knack for asking great questions as well as an editor’s skill at discerning what matters and what should be left on the cutting-room floor. You should be able to take a group’s brainstorm and distill it into a one-page strategy document. The role involves turning rich topic areas into actionable, precise and polished content. There will be opportunities to explore complex news-of-the-day topics that inform and shape the policy world. This position will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Content.
- Develop content strategy, craft editorial calendars and manage client content projects
- Conceptualize, write, and edit original content and strategy documents for clients
- Manage projects with little or no supervision
- Provide editorial direction on projects across Subject Matter divisions and teams, including articles, online tools, websites, infographics, video and multimedia content
- Provide research, writing and editing support for a range of company initiatives
- Minimum of five years of full‐time, professional experience in issue-based content creation and communications strategy
- Strong writing, reporting, and editing skills
- Working knowledge of digital media and targeted digital communication
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines
- Previous, demonstrable experience planning, conceiving, creating and executing high-impact, polished and creative content
- Communicates effectively with clients and co-workers
- Manages working relationships diplomatically and collaboratively
- Contacts at news media and non-media, issue-focused organizations is helpful
- Deep understanding of media landscape—emerging, current, traditional—is essential
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume by e-mail to John Siniff, Executive Vice President, Content at [email protected] and specify the job title (Senior Content Strategist) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.