About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm; collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team comprises of experienced strategists, writers, media relations pros, designers, advertising experts, filmmakers and lobbyists. We call what we do Creative Advocacy. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion, and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is extremely organized, detailed, thoughtful and diplomatic. This individual will work in a fast-moving, deadline-based environment and will have important responsibilities requiring professionalism, polish, and a keen sensibility about forging strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues.
Candidates must have a passion for organization, tactical execution, attention to detail, client relations and a team-oriented, collaborative process. The coordinator’s focus on operations and internal systems provides new hires with the opportunity to rapidly learn the foundation of our multi-platform media operations.
- Support the media division on a range of client deliverables.
- Monitor media coverage and compile metrics for client coverage reports, including both quantitative and qualitative measurements.
- Gather metrics for and write end-of-year reports to clients, as needed.
- Develop and customize materials, including but not limited to media alerts, talking points and station call lists.
- Manage our in-house studio schedule, including coordination of logistics and crew needs for satellite media tours.
- Conduct research for media projects, as needed.
- Assist pitch team with outreach to media outlets and production of media tours, as needed.
- Collaborate with colleagues across divisions on strategic, multi-platform media projects.
- Contribute — as needed — to other company projects and initiatives including, but not limited to, pro bono work.
- Must have either collegiate or internship experience within the communications, journalism, public relations or related fields.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Solid organizational and time management skills —ability to set priorities, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills — ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and manage working relationships diplomatically.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing ability.
- Basic understanding of and strong interest in in communications, journalism, public relations, and related fields.
- Spanish fluency is not required, but greatly desired.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.