Manager, Digital Strategy
About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm; collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team comprises of experienced strategists, writers, media relations pros, designers, advertising experts, filmmakers and lobbyists. We call what we do Creative Advocacy. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We are looking for a client facing social and digital media strategist to help lead multiple client projects. This position will partner with colleagues across departments and functions to help develop and execute integrated campaigns. As successful candidate will be comfortable acting as a strategist helping link online engagement to client business goals and inform creative, influencer engagement and other aspects of our work to deliver campaign goals. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Digital Strategy.
- Staying on the cutting edge of social/digital media – understanding new platforms, trends, and audience behaviors
- Creating integrated campaign plans that outline tactics and KPIs for multi-level user journeys
- Working with team members to develop and execute strategies that will meet client objectives
- Ensuring campaigns remain nimble – able to react to day-to-day events while staying true to strategy
- Reviewing campaign performance to develop insights and refinements to help improve performance
- Two to three years of experience with political campaign or advocacy experience strongly preferred
- Extremely detail oriented with a strong attention to follow-through
- Resourceful with a strong ability to problem solve
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong writing skills
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & meet deadlines
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Flexible, adaptive and eager
- A positive, professional and “can do” attitude
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter using the form below or by e-mail to Patrick Kerley, Senior Vice President of Digital Strategy at [email protected] and specify the job title (Manager, Digital Strategy) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.