Manager, Client Services
About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm; collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team comprises of experienced strategists, writers, media relations pros, designers, advertising experts, filmmakers and lobbyists. We call what we do Creative Advocacy. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We are looking for a client-facing Account Manager. You will lead the daily activities and management of projects for 2-4 accounts, managing client deliverables and account team workflow. You can anticipate having a diverse mix of corporate, federal and non-profit projects and accounts. You will maintain and grow our excellent client relationships.
- Serving as primary client liaison, maintaining close contact and developing strong relationships with client(s)
- Assessing client needs and business objectives and helping to define priorities for agency work
- Collaborating with teams across the organization to develop client communication strategy
- Ensuring client goals and objectives are defined and communicated to appropriate agency departments via briefs, kickoff meetings, status check-ins, etc.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of the client’s business and industry, becoming the “subject matter expert,” and leading the agency team in understanding and applying this information to strengthen the client work
- Assisting all teams to meet financial targets and growth objectives
- Helping plan and manage projects strategically from start to finish
- Ensuring the agency team produces measurable results for the client
- Partnering with Project Manager to manage workflow and prioritization, internal communications, client budgets and timely deliverables
- Building strong internal relationships across agency teams to produce outstanding cross-functional cutting-edge work
- Ensuring agency/client relationships are mutually profitable
- Mentoring junior team members
- At least three years’ experience in account management/marketing/ communications within a communications/PR agency
- Extremely detail-oriented with high standards for producing “client ready” work
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills with an eye for detail and nuance
- Able to thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced, dynamic setting
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously, prioritizing and multitasking as needs shift and evolve
- Able to work well with others in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong interest and/or experience in various communications platforms including social media, traditional print, digital and interactive user experience (and how they can be combined and leveraged for marketing and communications strategies)
- Flexible to travel, work occasional weekend and evening hours, and attend client promotional and professional functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products including MS Project
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field preferred
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to Margaret Bergin at [email protected] and specify the job title (Account Manager) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.