Subject Matter is a multifaceted agency comprised of advertising and design experts, experienced journalists, media relations pros, digital specialists, strategists, technologists, filmmakers and lobbyists. Together, we combine the boundless problem-solving skills of creativity with the pointed purpose of advocacy, we call it creative advocacy.
Our Creative Team is looking for a junior designer who turns imagination into impact. You’ll work directly with our diverse roster of clients to bring ideas to life with elevated design skills. So, if you solve problems with style — whether it’s digital, traditional or experimental — we can’t wait to talk to you.
- Concept and execute breakthrough design to solve client problems and persuade audiences.
- Create a variety of deliverables including brand identity, websites, collateral, infographics, social media assets, illustrations, animations and presentations.
- Collaborate with developers and internal stakeholders to produce interactive products.
- Partner with agency leadership to produce new business proposals.
- Entry level with 0-3 years of experience and an online portfolio demonstrating graphic design, such as color, typography, page-layout and hierarchy.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe XD.
- Experience in UI/UX as well as print and social media production.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced setting.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- reference will be given to candidates with prior agency or design firm experience and/or an applicable four-year degree, but a stellar portfolio and experience without a degree will be considered.
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume, cover letter and your portfolio by e-mail to Kevin Richards at [email protected] and specify the job title (Junior Designer) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.