About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted agency comprised of advertising and design experts, experienced journalists, media relations pros, digital specialists, strategists, technologists, filmmakers and lobbyists. Together, we combine the boundless problem-solving skills of creativity with the pointed purpose of advocacy, we call it creative advocacy.
Our Creative Team is looking for a junior copywriter who turns imagination into impact. You’ll work on behalf of our diverse roster of clients to invent creative concepts and bring them to life with razor-sharp copy. So, if you have a way with words and a passion for the big idea, we can’t wait to talk to you.
- Partner with art directors and designers to concept and execute breakthrough advertising to solve client problems and persuade audiences
- Craft effective, engaging copy across various deliverables: social, web, video, print, radio, ooh, etc.
- Develop brand voice and/or campaign messaging when needed
- Think and work strategically, always laddering up to the overarching strategy
- Translate brand voice and/or a concept across various platforms and media
- Present work with clarity and confidence
- Entry level with 0-3 years of experience and an online portfolio demonstrating conceptual copywriting skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced setting
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior agency experience and/or an ad school degree, but a stellar portfolio and experience without a degree will be considered
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume, cover letter and your portfolio by e-mail to Kevin Richards at [email protected] and specify the job title (Junior Copywriter) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.