Junior Art Director
About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted agency comprised of advertising and design experts, experienced journalists, media relations pros, digital specialists, strategists, technologists, filmmakers and lobbyists. Together, we combine the boundless problem-solving skills of creativity with the pointed purpose of advocacy, we call it creative advocacy.
Our Creative Team is looking for a Junior Art Director who turns imagination into impact. You’ll work on behalf of our diverse roster of clients to invent creative concepts and bring them to life with elevated design. So if you solve problems with style — whether by pre-roll or product innovation, TV spot or PR stunt — we can’t wait to talk to you.
- Partner with a Copywriter to concept and execute breakthrough advertising to solve client problems and persuade audiences
- Produce a variety of deliverables across all media including social, digital, video, print, radio, ooh, experiential, etc.
- Think and work strategically, always laddering up to the overarching strategy
- Present work with clarity and confidence
- Oversee video and still photography production and post-production.
- Entry level with 0-3 years of experience and an online portfolio demonstrating conceptual advertising art direction skills
- Effective verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced setting
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Command of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior agency experience and/or an ad school degree, but a stellar portfolio and experience without a degree will be considered
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and online portfolio website by e-mail to Sarah Kennedy Hillmann, VP, Creative Director at [email protected] and specify the job title (Junior Art Director) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.