SUBJECT MATTER is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to support two of the founding partners of the agency. This position will require excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
Subject Matter is a multifaceted, creative advocacy firm serving key governmental agencies as well as some of the nation’s best known commercial and non-profit organizations. The culture of Subject Matter is fed by creativity, depth, energy and speed, and we’re looking for someone who will thrive in this environment.
- Manage the appointment calendars of two of the founding partners.
- Manage the expense reporting for two of the founding partners.
- Proof-read Partner documents and client materials.
- Reserve travel arrangements for two of the founding partners.
- Assist in scheduling firm wide events and activities.
Project and Relationship Management:
- Coordinate the review of project materials for client related deliverables and internal communications.
- Act as a facilitator for internal and external meetings by greeting priority guests and promoting the timely start and end to scheduled meetings.
- Work with client management team to prepare briefing information for the partners before external meetings and ensure required next steps are scheduled and completed.
- Support key office initiatives such as company events and all-staff meetings, as needed.
New Business Coordination:
- Manage the new business process and pipeline tracking.
- Coordinate with leadership and stakeholders to track and manage the pursuit of new opportunities.
- Summarize key information from proposals, identify potential challenges and create project timelines to support top-quality responses to new business opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with Project Management and Senior Leadership to coordinate and oversee development of proposal materials.
Applicants Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Outstanding verbal and listening communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while keeping a professional demeanor.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Adept at project and process management.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- A positive, professional and “can do” attitude.
- Flexible, adaptive and eager.
- Desire and ability to take on increased responsibility as position evolves.
- Organized and strong problem solving skills.
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and optional cover letter by e-mail to Brittany Geiling, Chief of Staff at [email protected] and specify the job title (Executive Assistant) in the subject line of the e-mail.
At Subject Matter, we call what we do Creative Advocacy, our tailored blend of strategic communications, creative content & advertising and government relations. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We’re an independent, 80-person firm headquartered in Washington, D.C. — small enough that our clients work with our founding partners and senior leadership, big enough to produce high-impact campaigns in-house. Our full team comprises experienced lobbyists, writers, advertising creatives, media relations pros, website designers and social media experts. We create and advocate. Learn more about us at www.teamsubjectmatter.com.