Subject Matter is seeking a full-time Coordinator to support and execute media and communications efforts for multiple client accounts. The Coordinator will join our growing Media Division and will play an important role in ensuring smooth execution of various projects.
The Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Media Division through a wide range of tasks. The Coordinator’s primary role will be to develop coverage reports for clients, as well as supporting the team on a range of other client deliverables. Additional responsibilities include managing our in-house studio schedule and crew hiring, and providing logistical support for satellite and radio media tours. Candidates must have a passion for organization, tactical execution, attention to detail, client relations and a team-oriented, collaborative process.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is extremely organized, detailed, thoughtful and diplomatic. This individual will work in a fast-moving, deadline-based environment and will have important responsibilities requiring professionalism, polish and a keen sensibility about forging strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues.
This is an entry-level position with strong potential for growth. Applicants with either collegiate or internship experience within the communications, journalism, public relations or related fields are particularly desirable. The Coordinator’s focus on operations and internal systems provides new hires with the opportunity to rapidly learn the foundation of our multi-platform media operations.
- Monitor media coverage and compile metrics for client coverage reports, including both quantitative and qualitative measurements.
- Gather metrics for and write end-of-year reports to clients, as needed.
- Develop and customize materials, including but not limited to media alerts, talking points and station call lists.
- Manage our in-house studio schedule, including coordination of logistics and crew needs for satellite media tours.
- Conduct research for media projects, as needed.
- Assist pitch team with outreach to media outlets and production of media tours, as needed.
- Collaborate with colleagues across divisions on strategic, multi-platform media projects.
- Contribute — as needed — to other company projects and initiatives including, but not limited to, pro bono work.
Applicants Should Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Business or a related field.
At least one year of internship/other professional experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Solid organizational and time management skills —ability to set priorities, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills — ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and manage working relationships diplomatically.
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing ability.
- Basic understanding of and strong interest in in communications, journalism, public relations and related fields.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Cision, Critical Mention, Meltwater, Audacity (preferred)
- Spanish fluency is not required, but greatly desired.
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to Sandra Torres, VP, Broadcast at [email protected] and specify the job title (Coordinator, Media) in the subject line of the e-mail.
At Subject Matter, we call what we do Creative Advocacy, our tailored blend of strategic communications, creative content & advertising and government relations. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We’re an independent, 80-person firm headquartered in Washington, D.C. — small enough that our clients work with our founding partners and senior leadership, big enough to produce high-impact campaigns in-house. Our full team comprises experienced lobbyists, writers, advertising creatives, media relations pros, website designers and social media experts. We create and advocate. Learn more about us at www.teamsubjectmatter.com.
Subject Matter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Subject Matter is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Subject Matter are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender identity, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, age or any other status protected by the laws or regulations.