Coordinator, Client Services
About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm; collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team comprises of experienced strategists, writers, media relations pros, designers, advertising experts, filmmakers and lobbyists. We call what we do Creative Advocacy. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We are looking for someone to support the account teams in daily activities, including managing client deliverables, coordination of projects within the overall account and managing ongoing account team workflow documents and processes. This person will be responsible for supporting a portfolio of priority clients, including leading trade associations, non-profit organizations, and corporations.
- Provide client service support: attend meetings, meet deadlines, troubleshoot problems, draft recaps.
- Read and translate complex material, rewriting information into easily digestible format.
- Establish relationships externally with key stakeholders, vendors and clients maintaining regular communication.
- Participate in presentations and client presentations.
- Provide appropriate instruction to peers on projects and facilitate teamwork.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively internally with client management teams and/or other service departments within the firm.
- Prioritize own work, meet deadlines, actively communicate progress and deliverables.
- Provide appropriate instruction to junior staff on projects and facilitate teamwork.
- College or internship experience in project or account management, marketing, communications or related field in a corporate setting.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Have managed projects end-to-end
- Knowledge of and interest in using social media platforms (including social media, traditional print, digital and interactive user experience) to drive awareness and engagement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field preferred.
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to Maggie Bergin ([email protected]) and specify the job title (Client Services, Coordinator) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.