ABOUT SUBJECT MATTER
Subject Matter is a multifaceted agency comprised of advertising experts, experienced journalists, media relations pros, digital specialists, filmmakers and lobbyists. Together, we work on behalf of our clients to improve convention through unconventional means, we call it creative advocacy.
Our Creative Team is looking for an Art Director who can turn great ideas into great work. You’ll work closely with a Copywriter to craft strategically on-point creative concepts and then bring those concepts to life with elevated design skills. So if you solve problems with style — whether by pre-roll or product innovation, TV spot or PR stunt — we can’t wait to talk to you.
- Concept and execute breakthrough advertising to solve client problems and persuade audiences.
- Produce a variety of deliverables including TV, print, OOH, radio, digital, social, content and web.
- Provide creative insights and strategic advice to colleagues and clients.
- Present the work with conviction at internal and external meetings.
- Oversee video and still photography production and post-production.
- At least 5 years of relevant work history along with an applicable four-year degree and/or portfolio school.
- Current on creative tactics and emerging marketing trends.
- Experience working directly with clients to pitch ideas and influence outcomes.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Understanding of user-experience design and web best practices.
- Command of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior agency experience.
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and online portfolio website by e-mail to Sarah Kennedy Hillmann, Creative Director at [email protected] and specify the job title (Art Director) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.