About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted agency comprised of advertising and design experts, experienced journalists, media relations pros, digital specialists, strategists, technologists, filmmakers and lobbyists. Together, we combine the boundless problem-solving skills of creativity with the pointed purpose of advocacy, we call it creative advocacy.
Our Creative Team is looking for an Art Director who turns imagination into impact. You’ll work on behalf of our diverse roster of clients to invent creative concepts and bring them to life with elevated design. So if you solve problems with style — whether by pre-roll or product innovation, TV spot or PR stunt — we can’t wait to talk to you.
- Partner with a Copywriter to concept and execute breakthrough advertising to solve client problems and persuade audiences
- Produce a variety of deliverables across all media including social, digital, video, print, radio, ooh, experiential, etc.
- Present and discuss the work with clarity and confidence, both internally and with clients
- Provide creative insights and strategic advice to colleagues and clients
- Oversee video and still photography production and post-production
- Contribute to new business efforts
- 3-7 years of experience and an online portfolio demonstrating conceptual advertising art direction skills
- Current on creative tactics and emerging marketing trends
- Experience working directly with clients to pitch ideas and influence outcomes
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Understanding of user-experience design and web best practices
- Command of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior agency experience and/or an ad school degree, but a stellar portfolio and experience without a degree will be considered
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and online portfolio website by e-mail to Sarah Kennedy Hillmann, VP, Creative Director at [email protected] and specify the job title (Art Director) in the subject line of the e-mail.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.