Senior Director, Client Service
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm, and collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team is comprised of experienced writers, advertising experts, media relations pros, website designers, filmmakers and lobbyists. We are looking for a strong client and team leader to manage the day-to-day activity of a multi-faceted influencer and constituent communications campaign. The job requires professionalism, polish and a keen sensibility about forging strong, collaborative relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Serves as integration leader between government relations and creative content and advertising team members.
- Serves as client liaison, maintaining contact and developing positive, productive relationships with client(s).
- Leads clients in the development and implementation of strategic communications, content development, earned media and advertising plans that lead to successful communication campaigns.
- Maintains ongoing client communication strategies and clarifies client’s goals and objectives as appropriate.
- Develops strategic understanding of client’s businesses, target markets and competition. Oversees development/ presentation of competitive information to clients.
- Directs account team activities and assigns projects, taking on projects themselves as appropriate.
- Ensures client goals and objectives are communicated to appropriate agency departments via briefs, kick-off meetings, status check-ins, etc.
- Supervises coordination of strategy, and plans implementation with other agency departments.
- Leads management of research projects with third-party research partners including research, media or subject-matter experts.
- Guides the agency team in actively resolving client-related concerns.
- Trains and mentors Client Services & Project Management team members.
- Ensures the agency team produces measurable results for the client.
- Builds strong internal relationships that produce outstanding work.
- Develops presentation materials such as decks, boards, agendas, etc.
- Oversees client budgets and monthly billing.
- Shares emerging trends and opportunities for improved communications, marketing and advertising.
Applicants Should Have:
- 10 – 15 years of communications, advertising or advocacy campaign experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic communications, business and financial principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of political and influencer landscape inside and outside the Beltway.
- Strong knowledge of market research, polling or analytics principles and practices.
- Critical thinker with outstanding analytical capabilities.
- Self-starter who isn’t shy to make decisions and move projects ahead with little oversight.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to execute and juggle multiple end-to-end projects efficiently.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter below and by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the job title (Senior Director, Client Service) in the subject line of the e-mail.