SUBJECT MATTER is seeking a full-time Senior Bookkeeper to join its finance team. We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper who is organized and proficient, and is able to work well across departments to ensure smooth financial operations and exceptional customer service to stakeholders.
Subject Matter is a multifaceted, creative advocacy firm serving key governmental agencies as well as some of the nation’s best known commercial and non-profit organizations. The culture of Subject Matter is fed by creativity, depth, energy and speed, and we’re looking for someone who will thrive in this environment.
- Manage all accounts payable functions including processing vendor invoices through Quickbooks, managing vendor relations and disbursements, including check preparation;
- Manage the creation of new projects in internal systems (Intranet and Quickbooks);
- Support the monthly financial close with preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and related tasks;
- Monitor and control company credit card transactions including reconciliation of monthly credit card statements to Quickbooks and expense management systems;
- Support team administrative needs such as retrieving mail and making bank deposits;
- Assist with month end close by updating asset schedules (prepaid, accrued and fixed);
- Serve as a back-up for other core functions including printing checks, entering payroll and supporting the creation of Accounts Receivable client invoices.
Applicants Should Have:
- 5 or more years of experience in a similar position;
- Proficient with operational accounting transactions;
- High level of proficiency in Excel and automated accounting tools;
- QuickBooks experience a plus;
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while keeping a professional demeanor
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- A positive, professional and “can do” attitude
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter below AND by e-mail to Steve Syckes, Controller at email@example.com and specify the job title (Senior Bookkeeper) in the subject line of the e-mail.