Subject Matter is seeking an intelligent, proactive and motivated professional to assist its’ team of Federal lobbyists in performing research and writing projects on behalf of Fortune 100 clients, major trade associations, and leading public interest groups.
- Developing and maintaining a general knowledge of Subject Matter clients and the issues that impact them.
- Completing legislative, public policy, and other research projects as directed.
- Coordinating the drafting and production of client publications such as issue alerts and newsletters.
- Attending hearings as needed and drafting summaries for clients and/or staff.
- Reviewing and editing client memos and proposals.
- Supervising compilation of campaign finance disclosures, in cooperation with outside counsel and Subject Matter lobbyists.
- Assisting with other compliance matters, fundraisers, and client events.
Applicants Should Have:
- 2+ years experience on the Hill or in a government affairs setting
- A strong interest in politics and public policy
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Experience with research tools such as Bloomberg, Politico Pro and Quorum
- The ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects
- Exceptional attention to detail
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to Lauren Roche at [email protected] and specify the job title (Research Associate) in the subject line of the e-mail.
At Subject Matter, we call what we do Creative Advocacy, our tailored blend of strategic communications, creative content & advertising and government relations. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We’re an independent, 80-person firm headquartered in Washington, D.C. — small enough that our clients work with our founding partners and senior leadership, big enough to produce high-impact campaigns in-house. Our full team comprises experienced lobbyists, writers, advertising creatives, media relations pros, website designers and social media experts. We create and advocate. Learn more about us at www.teamsubjectmatter.com.