Subject Matter is seeking a full-time Media Assistant to help coordinate, assist with and execute media and communications efforts. The Media Assistant will join our growing Media Division and will play an important role in ensuring smooth execution of various projects and other assignments. The desired starting date for the position is October 2018.
The Media Assistant will be responsible for providing support through a wide range of tasks. The Media Assistant’s primary role will be to support the team’s Vice President, Broadcast, with the development of materials for media tours and assisting on other projects, as needed. Candidates must have a passion for organization, tactical execution, attention to detail, client relations and a team-oriented, collaborative process.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is extremely organized, detailed, thoughtful and diplomatic. This individual will work in a fast-moving, deadline-based environment and will have important responsibilities requiring professionalism, polish and a keen sensibility for forging strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues and clients.
This is an entry-level position with strong potential for growth. Applicants with either collegiate or internship experience within the communications, journalism, public relations or related fields are particularly desirable. The Media Assistant’s focus on operations and internal systems provides new hires with the opportunity to rapidly learn the foundation of our multi-platform media operations.
• Develop and customize materials, including but not limited to media alerts, talking points and station call lists
• Assist with media tour logistics such as interview confirmations
• Assisting with assignments such as time tracking, expense reports, etc.
• Monitor media coverage and compile metrics for client coverage reports, including both quantitative and qualitative measurements, as needed
• Gather metrics for and write end-of-year reports to clients, as needed
• Conduct research for media projects, as needed
• Solid organizational and time management skills —ability to set priorities, great attention to detail, capability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work setting
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills — ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and manage working relationships diplomatically
• Strong writing, proofreading and editing ability
• Basic understanding of and strong interest in in communications, journalism, public relations and related fields
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter below AND by email to Sandra Torres, Vice President, Broadcast, (email@example.com) and specify the job title (Media Assistant) in the subject line of the email. No phone calls, please. EOE.