Subject Matter is seeking a full-time Media Assistant to help coordinate and execute media and communications efforts for multiple client accounts. The Media Assistant will join our growing Media Division and will play an important role in ensuring smooth execution of various projects. The desired starting date for the position is April 2017.
The Media Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Media Division through a wide range of tasks. The Media Assistant’s primary role will be to support the team’s Media Operations Manager and Vice President with the development of client deliverables. Additional responsibilities include generating coverage reports to be shared with clients and producing radio media tours. Candidates must have a passion for organization, tactical execution, attention to detail, client relations and a team-oriented, collaborative process.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is extremely organized, detailed, creative, thoughtful and diplomatic. This individual will work in a fast-moving, deadline-based environment and will have important responsibilities requiring professionalism, polish and a keen sensibility about forging strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues and clients.
This is an entry-level position with strong potential for growth. Applicants with either collegiate or internship experience within the communications, journalism, public relations or related fields are particularly desirable. The Media Assistant’s focus on operations and internal systems provides new hires with the opportunity to rapidly learn the foundation of our multi-platform media operations.
- Develop and customize materials, including but not limited to media alerts, talking points and station call lists
- Monitor media coverage and compile metrics for client coverage reports, including both quantitative and qualitative measurements
- Gather metrics for and write end-of-year reports to clients, as needed
- Produce radio media tours
- Conduct research for media projects, as needed
- Assist pitch team with outreach to media outlets, as needed
- Collaborate with colleagues across divisions on strategic, multi-platform media projects
- Contribute — as needed — to other company projects and initiatives including, but not limited to, pro bono work
Successful Media Assistants will have opportunities for professional growth, including potential for:
- Write media alerts based on client messaging and informed by a thorough understanding of media interests in national and local markets
- Conduct targeted outreach to journalists and producers at television, radio, online and print outlets
- Produce satellite media tours
- Provide research, idea generation, writing and editing support for proposal writing (strategy memos, contract extensions, RFPs)
- Solid organizational and time management skills —ability to set priorities, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work setting
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills — ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and manage working relationships diplomatically
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing ability
- Basic understanding of and strong interest in in communications, journalism, public relations and related fields
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter below and specify the job title (Media Assistant) and select Media Outreach as the department. No phone calls, please. EOE.