Junior Video Editor
SUBJECT MATTER is seeking a full-time Junior Video Editor to join the production team. The ideal candidate should be a creative, passionate and self-motivated professional. This person should be comfortable working both supervised and unsupervised on projects ranging from quick-cutting, graphics-driven pieces to short-form documentary-style videos.
Experience behind a camera is a plus and we’re hoping you can add a creative spark to our strong team of producers.
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm, and collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team is comprised of experienced writers, advertising experts, media relations pros, website designers, filmmakers and lobbyists. The Video Editor will work directly with this diverse roster — both within our Video department and among our other core practice areas, including Creative, Interactive, Media, Digital, Strategic Communications and Content. The job requires professionalism, polish and a talent for forging strong, collaborative relationships with clients and colleagues.
Applicants must have:
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
• An interest in motion graphic design and a strong visual sensibility
• Knowledge of HD cameras, transcoding codecs, shooting and lighting
• At least one year of full‐time, professional experience, with the bulk of that work being in video editing
• Video Editing, including selecting and editing to music
• Graphics Design/Development
• Participate in production meetings and brainstorm creative approaches for clients
• Participate in client discussions about format, delivery specifications and technical problem-solving
• Provide post-production support including archiving footage and deliverables
Additional Desired Skills:
• Experience filming interviews with large sensor/cinema-style cameras in the field and in a studio setting
• Ability to provide support in the Subject Matter Studio and Control Room
• Strong organizational and time management skills — ability to set priorities, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work setting
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter below AND by email to Tiffany Kalmar, Senior Director (email@example.com) and specify the job title (Video Editor) in the subject line of the email. No phone calls, please.