Subject Matter is a Creative Advocacy agency with 80+ people working in Advertising and Creative Content, Strategic Communications and Government Relations. Our clients include industry trade associations, advocacy groups and major consumer bands. We believe in substance and the art of persuasion, and we like to work with good people who do great work.
Subject Matter is seeking a full-time Interaction Designer (UX) for a 9-month contract to help build great application interfaces and digital experiences. This position requires a person with high capacity for design thinking, along with a general understanding of and appreciation for experience design, strategy and innovation. This position will require a background check and will be on site at the client offices.
- Provide excellent consultation to clients in meetings, collaboration, and brainstorms with to interpret needs.
- Perform research to understand user needs.
- Work closely with both external clients and internal, cross-functional teams to identify and document product requirements and user stories.
- Architect wireframes, user flows and interactive porotypes.
- Communicate feature, workflow and design concepts to clients.
- Facilitate usability testing.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience delivering interface design solutions – including annotated wireframes, complex user flows and mockups. Agency experience preferred.
- Proven experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and rapid prototyping tools like Axure or Basalmiq.
- Experience drafting product requirements and mapping user stories.
- Understanding of technical, creative and development project lifecycles.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Experience designing for or working with Pega platform is a plus.
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design or related field preferred.
- U.S. Citizen