This position connects the opportunities offered by interactive technologies and creative thinking with the needs of human audiences. User Experience Designers at Subject Matter are responsible for advancing our clients’ work by delivering research, prototypes, and ultimately interfaces which align audience needs with client goals and push the boundaries of what’s possible. This role often collaborates with visual designers, developers and writers during the course of a project.
- Empathize with users’ needs to inform the experience of interacting with our products, ranging from websites and apps to physical computing environments.
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, personas, user journeys, and other artifacts in order to craft immersive experiences for users.
- Substantiate our understanding of user needs with research, and testing and analytics.
- Proactively suggest enhancements to systems we design and maintain.
- Transform complexity into simplicity.
- Collaborate with developers and designers during production. Ideation is not a bookend, it is an integral part of our process.
- Maintain expertise in the trends, tools and conventions of modern User Experience Design. Share this knowledge with the team. Break conventions when necessary.
- Communicate the role of Experience Design in the creative process, and evangelize its application throughout the enterprise.
- This role requires a strong communicator, both as a writer and a speaker.
- Work onsite with client teams when necessary.
- Produce artifacts to help guide design of User Interfaces, including, but not limited to clickable prototypes, wireframes, sitemaps, user journeys and personas.
- Minimum of 2 years of UX web and mobile design experience, preferably in agency or consulting environment.
- A link to your online portfolio or PDF, demonstrating the use of UX design to solve complex design challenges.
- A design sensibility with an eye for interaction and visual details.
- Ability to think at a high level about strategy and vision.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability toward the products you create.
- Proficiency with wireframe and visual design tools (e.g. Axure, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Ability to clearly articulate your design decisions Ability to collaborate with others in a team environment.
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter below. No phone calls, please. EOE.