A Director at Subject Matter provides strategic guidance, grows major client business and drives the agency team to meet client goals. He/She will focus on the big picture strategy but also embody the mantra of “no task too small” to ensure client needs are met. We are looking for a strong team leader to manage the day-to-day activity of a multi-faceted influencer and constituent engagement campaigns.
The Director performs the following tasks:
- Serves as integration leader between government relations and creative content and advertising team members.
- Serves as client liaison, maintaining contact and developing positive, productive relationships with client(s).
- Leads clients in the development and implementation of strategic communications, content development, earned media and advertising plans that lead to successful communication campaigns.
- Maintains ongoing client communication strategies and clarifies client’s goals and objectives as appropriate.
- Develops strategic understanding of clients’ businesses, target markets and competition.
- Oversees development/presentation of competitive information to clients.
- Directs account team activities and assigns projects, taking on tasks themselves as appropriate.
- Ensures client goals and objectives are communicated to appropriate agency departments via briefs, kick-off meetings, status check-ins, etc.
- Supervises coordination of strategy, and plans implementation with other agency departments.
- Leads management of research projects with third-party partners including research, media or subject-matter experts.
- Guides the agency team in actively resolving client-related concerns.
- Trains and mentors Client Service & Project Management team members.
- Ensures the agency team produces measurable results for the client.
- Builds strong internal relationships that produce outstanding work.
- Ensures agency/client relationships are mutually profitable.
- Develops presentation materials such as decks, boards, agendas, etc.
- Oversees client budgets and monthly billing.
- Shares emerging trends and opportunities for improved communications, marketing and advertising.
The Director position requires the following:
- 10+ years of strategic communications or advocacy campaign experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic communications, business and financial principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of political and influencer landscape inside and outside the Beltway.
- Strong knowledge of market research, polling or analytics principles and
- Critical thinker with outstanding analytical capabilities.
- Self-starter who isn’t shy to make decisions and move projects ahead with little
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to execute and juggle multiple end-to-end projects efficiently.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (specifically PowerPoint, Word and
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to Nicole Cornish, President, COO (firstname.lastname@example.org) and specify the job title (Director) in the subject line of the email. No phone calls, please.