SUBJECT MATTER is in search of a Digital Strategist who will be responsible for shaping and executing strategic content advocacy solutions for clients across native, premium and social media content platforms. This person will help develop content strategies rooted in Subject Matter’s insights and help define creative platforms for always-on programs across categories and industries. This person should be a “big ideas” thinker who will work across research and insights, creative, editorial, production, media planning, talent management and content optimization. The ideal candidate will come to us with a strategic mind and an insatiable curiosity to learn about new subjects.
The culture at Subject Matter is fed by creativity, depth, energy and speed, and we’re looking for someone who will thrive in this environment. If you’re comfortable in a position that is laser-focused on one topic day in and day out, this job is not for you. However, if the thought of working on health care on Monday, railroads on Tuesday, and Capitol Hill policy on Wednesday appeals to you, we should talk. Our clients’ subject matter is often meaty, complex and could affectionately be called wonky. We like it that way, and you should too. The challenge is turning these rich topic areas into actionable digital strategy — and that begins with strategic thinking and exceptional storytelling.
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm, and collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team is comprised of experienced writers, advertising experts, media relations pros, website designers, filmmakers and lobbyists. The Digital Strategist will work directly with this diverse roster. The job requires professionalism, polish and a keen sensibility about forging strong, collaborative relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Provide partnership and counsel to internal Subject Matter team and, by extension, the firm’s clients
- Provide insight on emerging trends and social media developments
- Ensure quality of work and flawless execution maps back to initial strategy
- Utilize cutting-edge tools and techniques to help support business objectives, advance storytelling and drive engagement
- Develop insights based on Subject Matter data tools, knowledge of the client need and knowledge of political trends impacting client topics
- Collaborate with our creative team to inspire and develop innovative solutions to solving client challenges across channels
- Identify ways to measure success against the campaign goals and achievable outcomes; determine methods to collect and present data and analysis to clients as well as internal stakeholders
- Participate in content production from insights to execution to analytics to ensure it is “on strategy”
Applicants Must Have:
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably at an agency focusing on advocacy work or working on the Hill, political campaign or similar work.
- Experience placing paid ads on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google and other platforms. Understanding of the backend of these tools and their analytics is critical.
- Experience working with digital analytics tools like Spredfast, Sysomos, Quorum and others
- Experience working with social media management tools like Sprout
- Experience with analyzing and reporting engagement metrics, working across the various reporting tools; utilizing data to drive content strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding and familiarity of politics and government
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing compelling content
- Self-starter with a passion for both data and conceptual-driven strategy
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter below and by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the job title (Digital Strategist) in the subject line of the e-mail.