SUBJECT MATTER is seeking a full-time Digital Coordinator. This position is ideal for an individual who is looking to gain experience or expand upon their knowledge in the world of digital marketing. This position will provide exposure to various aspects of digital marketing that include: social media, search engine marketing, organic social media strategy and analytics.
The culture at Subject Matter is fed by creativity, depth, energy and speed, and we’re looking for someone who will thrive in this environment. If you’re comfortable in a position that is laser-focused on one topic day in and day out, this job is not for you. However, if the thought of working on health care on Monday, railroads on Tuesday, and Capitol Hill policy on Wednesday appeals to you, we should talk. Our clients’ subject matter is often meaty, complex and could affectionately be called wonky. We like it that way, and you should too. The challenge is turning these rich topic areas into social media engagement.
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm, and collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team is comprised of experienced writers, advertising experts, media relations pros, website designers, filmmakers and lobbyists. The Digital Coordinator will work directly with this diverse roster — both within our Digital division and among our other core practice areas, including Creative, Interactive, Media and Video. The job requires professionalism, polish and a keen sensibility about forging strong, collaborative relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Work with team members to develop strategies that will meet client objectives
• Learn SEO strategies and execute against them
• Write and post for client social media accounts
• Develop analytics reports that assess trends and activity
• Manage social media paid buys, with support from senior team members.
Applicants Must Be:
• Extremely detail oriented with a strong attention to follow-through
• Resourceful with a strong ability to problem solve
• Strong writing skills
• Effective verbal and listening communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks & meet deadlines
• Exceptional time-management skills
• Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Flexible, adaptive and eager
• A positive, professional and “can do” attitude
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter below AND by e-mail to Hastie Afkhami, SVP of Digital at email@example.com and specify the job title (Digital Coordinator) in the subject line of the e-mail.