Copywriter (Mid/Senior Level)
The culture at Subject Matter is fed by creativity, drive and collaboration, and we’re looking for an advertising copywriter who will thrive in this environment. If you’re comfortable in a position that is laser-focused on one topic day in and day out, this job is not for you. However, if the thought of working on social impact on Monday, policy advocacy on Tuesday, and consumer brands on Wednesday appeals to you, let’s talk. Our clients’ subject matter is often meaty and complex, but that doesn’t mean our work is boring. We tackle client problems creatively and fuel our work with substance and the art of persuasion.
Subject Matter is a multifaceted Creative Advocacy firm, and teamwork is integral to our success. We are comprised of advertising experts, digital specialists, experienced journalists, media relations pros, filmmakers and lobbyists. The copywriter will work directly with this diverse roster — both within our Creative division and among our other core practice areas, including Technology, Digital, Content, Media and Government Relations.
The Copywriter will be responsible for concepting and creation of TV, print, radio, outdoor, digital, experiential and other innovative ideas for multiple agency clients. They will report to the Creative Director, partner with Art Directors and Designers, and be expected to manage deadlines and workflow across agency departments. They will have frequent client contact, present their own ideas, contribute to new business efforts and supervise production.
Candidates should have an online portfolio that demonstrates the ability to solve complex problems with simple solutions. They must be a writer that doesn’t just imagine words, but also how those words might become the perfect visual, and how those ideas plug into an overarching strategy while extending across all media. This is a job for someone that knows how to make things happen and won’t let anything stand in the way of getting great work produced. The right candidate will be an amazing creative talent, but an even better person.
- 5+ years experience in a creatively-driven agency environment
- Evidence of success in developing 360 campaigns and delivering them to market
- Strong strategic and business acumen
- Proactive self – starter with the ability to manage people and projects with limited supervision
- Ability to present in a manner that influences, persuades and leads others to support a great idea
- Extremely resourceful team player, able to function under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Clear and concise written and verbal presentation skills and style
- Passionate about ideas, technology and innovative media
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and written communication skills
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and portfolio website below and by e-mail to Kevin Richards, Chief Creative Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the job title (copywriter) in the subject line of the e-mail.