Associate, Client Services
An Associate at Subject Matter is responsible for supporting account teams in daily activities, including managing client deliverables, leading management of smaller projects within the overall account and managing ongoing account team workflow documents and processes. We are looking for someone with strong attention to detail, ability to problem-solve and a willingness to adjust and adapt as priorities change. This person will work as part of the client services team to support a portfolio of priority clients, including leading trade associations, non-profit organizations and corporations.
• Deliver high-quality written and verbal content, exhibit strong presentation skills.
• Provide client service support: attend meetings, meet deadlines, troubleshoot problems, draft recaps.
• Establish relationships with key stakeholders, vendors and clients and maintain regular contact.
• Proactively offer and implement new ways to meet client needs.
• Knowledge in using social media platforms to drive awareness and engagement.
• Manage projects end-to-end, working closely with internal staff, client stakeholders and vendors as needed.
• Be a hands-on team player adding value, sharing creative ideas.
• Assist in development and implementation of media relations, editorial strategy, thought leadership and content development for clients.
• Participate in new business opportunities/presentations and client presentations.
• Prioritize own work, meet deadlines, actively communicate progress and deliverables. Provide appropriate instruction to junior staff on projects and facilitate teamwork.
• Collaborate with project management team to develop and monitor program plans and budgets for profitability; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with other client management teams and/or other service departments within the firm.
• Experience in reading and translating complex material. Ability to rewrite information into easily digestible format.
Applicants Should Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field preferred.
• At least 2-3 years of experience in project or account management, marketing, communications or related field within a public relations agency or a similar position.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently.
• Possesses positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to client service.
• Strong interest or experience in various communications platforms (including social media, traditional print, digital and interactive user experience) and how they can be combined and leveraged for marketing and communications strategies.
• Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Flexibility to travel, work occasional overtime, and attend client promotional and professional functions.
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] and specify the job title (Client Services, Associate) in the subject line of the e-mail.
At Subject Matter, we call what we do Creative Advocacy, our tailored blend of strategic communications, creative content & advertising and government relations. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We’re an independent, 80-person firm headquartered in Washington, D.C. — small enough that our clients work with our founding partners and senior leadership, big enough to produce high-impact campaigns in-house. Our full team comprises experienced lobbyists, writers, advertising creatives, media relations pros, website designers and social media experts. We create and advocate. Learn more about us at www.teamsubjectmatter.com.
Subject Matter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Subject Matter is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Subject Matter are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender identity, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, age or any other status protected by the laws or regulations.