Subject Matter is seeking a full-time Assistant Controller. We are looking for someone who is gifted with numbers and equally able to work collaboratively across departments to ensure smooth administrative operations and exceptional customer service.
Subject Matter is a multifaceted, creative advocacy firm serving key governmental agencies as well as some of the nation’s best known commercial and non-profit organizations. The culture of Subject Matter is fed by creativity, depth, energy and speed, and we’re looking for someone who will thrive in this environment.
- Manage all operational accounting functions including client billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll;
- Oversee monthly financial close, prepare and post journal entries, perform account reconciliations;
- Produce monthly financial statements and contribute to variance analysis and management reporting;
- Prepare cash flow forecasts;
- Supervise one team member.
- 5 or more years of experience in a similar position;
- Proficient with operational accounting functions and financial statement preparation;
- Expert level capability with Excel and automated accounting tools;
- QuickBooks experience a plus;
- Bachelors degree in accounting;
- CPA preferred but not required;
- An independent, critical thinker;
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter with the job title in the comments section.