Subject Matter is seeking a full-time Accountant to join its finance team. We are looking for an experienced accountant who is organized and proficient, and is able to work well across departments to ensure smooth administrative operations and exceptional customer service.
Subject Matter is a multifaceted, creative advocacy firm serving key governmental agencies as well as some of the nation’s best known commercial and non-profit organizations. The culture of Subject Matter is fed by creativity, depth, energy and speed, and we’re looking for someone who will thrive in this environment.
• Manage all accounts payable functions including vendor invoice processing, vendor relations and check preparation;
• Support the monthly financial close with preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and related tasks;
• Monitor and control company credit card transactions;
• Maintain daily cash flow reporting worksheets;
• Perform bank account reconciliations;
• Manage the company’s property/casualty insurance policies;
• Other assignments as needed.
• 3 or more years of experience in a similar position;
• Proficient with operational accounting transactions;
• High level of capability with Excel and automated accounting tools;
• QuickBooks experience a plus;
• Bachelors degree in accounting;
• CPA preferred but not required;
• An independent, critical thinker;
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter below with the job title Accountant in the Comments section.