Account Manager, Federal Services
Subject Matter is seeking an Account Manager for the Federal Services Team. This role is responsible for supporting account teams in daily activities, leading management of projects within overall accounts including managing client deliverables, and managing ongoing account team workflow documents and processes. We are looking for someone with strong attention to detail, strong written and verbal communications skills, the ability to problem-solve and a willingness to adjust and adapt as priorities change. This is a client-facing role, and the candidate should have experience interfacing directly with clients, as well. This person will work as part of the Federal Services Team to support a portfolio of priority clients, including government agencies, non-profits and others.
- On occasion, serve as primary client liaison, maintaining contact and developing positive, productive relationships with client(s)
- Develop client communication strategy and clarifies client’s goals and objectives
- Ensure client goals and objectives are communicated to appropriate agency departments via briefs, kickoff meetings, status check-ins, etc.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with clients
- Coordinate with various teams to meet customer expectations
- Assess client needs and business objectives
- Help develop initiatives to achieve client goals and objectives
- Assist all teams to meet financial targets and growth objectives
- Help plan and manage projects strategically from start to finish
- Ensure the agency team produces measurable results for the client
- Take clients requirements and assist with meeting them
- Build strong internal relationships across agency team to produce outstanding work
- Ensure agency/client relationships are mutually profitable
- Train, guide and mentor Account & Project Management team members
- Facilitate monthly project billing
Applicants Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field preferred
- At least 3-4 years of experience in project or account management, marketing, communications or related field within a public relations agency or a similar position
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently
- Possesses positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to client service
- Strong interest or experience in various communications platforms (including social media, traditional print, digital and interactive user experience), and how they can be combined and leveraged for marketing and communications strategies
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel, work occasional overtime, and attend client promotional and professional functions
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter below and specify the job title (Manager, Federal Services).
At Subject Matter, we call what we do Creative Advocacy, our tailored blend of strategic communications, creative content & advertising and government relations. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We’re an independent, 80-person firm headquartered in Washington, D.C. — small enough that our clients work with our founding partners and senior leadership, big enough to produce high-impact campaigns in-house. Our full team comprises experienced lobbyists, writers, advertising creatives, media relations pros, website designers and social media experts. We create and advocate.
Subject Matter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Subject Matter is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Subject Matter are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender identity, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, age or any other status protected by the laws or regulations.