An Account Director at Subject Matter provides strategic guidance, grows major client business and drives the agency team to meet client goals. They focus on the big picture strategy but also embody the mantra of “no task too small” to ensure client needs are met. We are looking for a strong client and team leader to run the repositioning and rebranding of a major b2b client along with website and advertising campaign development.
An Account Director performs the following tasks:
- Serves as primary client liaison, maintaining contact and developing positive, productive relationships with client(s).
- Leads clients in the development and implementation of strategic marketing, communications and advertising plans that lead to successful communication programs.
- Maintains ongoing client communication strategies and clarifies client’s goals and objectives as appropriate.
- Develops strategic understanding of clients’ businesses, target markets and competition. Oversees development/presentation of competitive information to clients.
- Directs account team activities and assigns projects, taking on tasks themselves as appropriate.
- Ensures client goals and objectives are communicated to appropriate agency departments via briefs, kick-off meetings, status check-ins, etc.
- Supervises coordination of strategy, and plans implementation with other agency departments.
- Leads management of research projects with third-party research partners.
- Conceptualizes, proposes and directs projects to help reach client objectives.
- Guides the agency team in actively resolving client-related concerns.
- Trains and mentors Account & Project Management team members.
- Ensures the agency team produces measurable results for the client.
- Builds strong internal relationships that produce outstanding work.
- Ensures agency/client relationships are mutually profitable.
- Develops presentation materials such as decks, boards, agendas, etc.
- Oversees client budgets and monthly billing.
- Shares emerging trends and opportunities for improved communications, marketing and advertising.
The Account Director position requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications; Master’s degree a plus.
- 10+ years of strategic communications or advertising agency experience in Account Management with significant b2b client work.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic marketing, business and financial principles.
- Strong knowledge of marketing, corporate communications, and market research principles and practices, public relations, traditional and digital advertising,
- Critical thinker with outstanding analytical capabilities.
- Self-starter who isn’t shy to make decisions and move projects ahead with little oversight.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to execute and juggle multiple end-to-end projects efficiently.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Will require travel to Richmond on a weekly basis where client is based, overtime and attendance at client promotional and professional functions.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter with the job title in the comments section.