The culture at Subject Matter is fed by creativity, depth, energy and speed, and we’re looking for someone who will thrive in this environment. Our clients’ subject matter is often meaty, complex and could affectionately be called wonky. We like it that way, and you should too.
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm, and collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team is comprised of campaign managers, experienced writers, advertising experts, media relations pros, website designers, filmmakers and lobbyists. This Director will work directly with this diverse roster — both within our client service team structure among our other core practice areas, including Government Relations, Content, Creative and Media.
A Director at Subject Matter provides strategic guidance, grows major client business and drives the agency team to meet client goals. He/She will focus on the big picture strategy but also embody the mantra of “no task too small” to ensure client needs are met. We are looking for a strong team leader to manage the day-to-day activity of multi-faceted influencer and constituent engagement campaigns.
- Serves as client liaison, maintaining contact and developing positive, productive relationships with client(s).
- Serves as an integrator between government relations and creative content and advertising team members
- Leads clients in the development and implementation of strategic communications, content development, earned media and advertising plans that lead to successful communication campaigns.
- Maintains ongoing client communication strategies and clarifies client’s goals and objectives as appropriate.
- Develops strategic understanding of clients’ businesses, target markets and competition. Oversees development/presentation of competitive information to clients.
- Directs account team activities and assigns projects, taking on tasks themselves as appropriate.
- Ensures client goals and objectives are communicated to appropriate agency departments via briefs, kick-off meetings, status check-ins, etc.
- Supervises coordination of strategy, and plans implementation with other agency departments.
- Leads management of research projects with third-party partners including research, media or subject-matter experts.
- Guides the agency team in actively resolving client-related concerns.
- Trains and mentors Client Service & Project Management team members.
- Ensures the agency team produces measurable results for the client.
- Builds strong internal relationships that produce outstanding work.
- Ensures agency/client relationships are mutually profitable.
- Develops presentation materials such as decks, boards, agendas, etc.
- Oversees client budgets and monthly billing.
- Shares emerging trends and opportunities for improved communications, marketing and advertising.
- 10+ years of strategic communications or advocacy campaign experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic communications, business and financial principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of political and influencer landscape inside and outside the Beltway.
- Strong knowledge of market research, polling or analytics principles and practices.
- Critical thinker with outstanding analytical capabilities.
- Self-starter who isn’t shy to make decisions and move projects ahead with little oversight.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to execute and juggle multiple end-to-end projects efficiently.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter below AND by e-mail to Nicole Cornish, President and COO at email@example.com and specify the job title (Account Director) in the subject line.